UPDATE: Forget all of this and go here for a much easier way!
If you don’t play Candy Crush, simply roll your eyes and don’t read this post. I was asked by several players how to use the Cheat Engine and figured it would be easier to write a post then explain it to several different people (shout out to my sister-in-law who is stuck on Level 70!). If you think cheating is an act worse then murder, than this post has nothing for you and you too can move on. When I started playing Candy Crush, I had no intentions of cheating. I loved the challenge and felt that was what made the game fun. After being on the same level for a week it got boring and I quickly changed my philosophy. I felt like I was playing a Zynga game and the constant offers to buy things because of my poor performance got annoying. We used the Cheat Engine for the FarmVille2 and CityVille2 cross game promotions so I figured it would apply to this game and it does. Below may not be the best guide in the world but it’s how I got it to work. If you have further suggestions or would like to contribute your findings, please comment to help others.
1. Launch Internet Explorer (finally a use for IE!).
2. Click the link below and you will be directed to the Cheat Engine Download Page. Before you blindly download, make sure you don’t accept any additional programs. All you want is the Cheat Engine 6.3. The other stuff is spam and programs that you don’t want could be added to your computer. Do not use this if you don’t know how to properly download a program. Only accept Cheat Engine 6.3. UPDATE: The steps below all have images from version 6.2.
Once the program is properly installed, you can start. The first step is to load Candy Crush. For reasons shown below, it’s best to keep using Internet Explorer. You can use other browsers but it will make things more difficult. Start you game as normal and stop once you get to the game page.
Stop on this screen
1. Open up Cheat Engine 6.2 by clicking on the Windows icon located in the bottom left corner of your screen and then select the Cheat Engine program.
2. You get a big page that has a lot of areas. Don’t let it confuse you. This is really easy after a few tries.
3. Go to the upper left corner and click on the computer icon (highlighted in alternating red and green). This is where you will select your process. If you pick the wrong one, it won’t work.
4. A Process List will appear. Your job is to select the right one for the browser you are in. The less things you have open on your computer, the better your odds. If you play the game in Internet Explorer, there will usually only be 2 options if you don’t have a lot of tabs or windows open. This is the easiest way. It’s normally the second one on the list. Select it and then click “Open”.