Mafia Wars Blog has put out a statement relating to the problems that have been going on in fighting lately and the new changes, along with what has been fixed and will be fixed soon. To check out the article, you can go HERE or read a copy of the transcript below.
Dear Mafia Wars Players,
We have made improvements to the Fighting systems in Mafia Wars and you will now be able to fight faster, stronger and better.
While we're doing this, you may have experienced some issues & we are aware that some players are facing problems with the fight feature. We welcome your feedback on the issues you are facing in this form. Detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are facing would also help us quickly determine the reason behind it, so we encourage you to include them.
1. What are the changes that have been made to fighting in the game?
We have upgraded the technology used for fighting, to make it faster and more responsive. We have modified the code that controlled and enabled fighting. The rules of fighting have not changed. Fight logic, damage calculations, one-on-one fights, etc. will continue to work exactly as they did earlier.
2. What are the benefits of the changes in fighting and why are they required?
The new fighting technology allows you to fight faster, hit harder and tirelessly. The biggest benefit of the new technology is that the responsiveness of the game doesn't suffer when players are under heavy attack from others. The changes allow you to play the game irrespective of other players attacking you.
This technology improves the game responsiveness across the board when there is a lot of fighting going on.
3. I’ve been facing some issues with fighting over the last couple of days. Is this due to the change?
These are some of the issues that arose after the change that have either been fixed already or will be fixed soon.
- Ices/ Kills not getting counted towards family progression. (This has been fixed)
- Some players have infinite health.(This has been fixed)
- Power attack button not working properly.(This has been fixed)
- Brazil Crew was not being consumed, allowing people to fight without using stamina.(This has been fixed)
- Over-crediting of ices toward Fight Season Progress .(This has been fixed)
- Heal timers are not resetting in some cases. (See FAQ No 4)
- Losing large amount of health in fewer attacks. (See FAQ No 5)
- Losing health quicker than before. (See FAQ No 6)
4. Why do the heal timers keep increasing?
There was no change in the calculation of heal timer. However heal timers are not resetting in some cases. This will be fixed soon.
5. Why do I see large amounts of damage from a small number of attacks?
The number of attacks being reported currently does not differentiate between a normal attack and power attacks. Therefore the attack count is incorrectly reported when power attacks are performed. We are working to fix this ASAP.
6. Why does my health drop faster now?
The health drop seems to happen when multiple players are attacking you. The new fight technology allows more concurrent fights and hence they bring your health down faster.
7. Can I opt in or out of the new technology?
The new technology roll out has happened across the game to all the players at the same time. Given the magnitude of the changes, it is not feasible to have only some players on the new technology and vice versa without significantly impacting the user experience.
-The Mafia Wars Team